Nuts in Nederland

The other side of crazy

15.5.10

The Unemployed List

Posted by Brigitte van Pelt |


It's official.  I'm 40 and unemployed.  And I've never been happier.  :-)

I'm taking this time (while still looking for a job) to finally do all the things I always said I never had time to do.  I'm going to enjoy every moment of this time as long as it lasts.

I watched the movie "The Bucket List" the other night and felt inspired to make my own list.  Back in 1993 when I finished my B.A., I made my own list of the "Twenty-five Things I Want To Do Before I Die", which is essentially my bucket list.  So, this is my Unemployed List.  Here goes.

A few random things I've always wanted to do (that don't cost much....remember I'm unemployed).  ;-)

1.  Go to the airport and greet strangers for fun
2.  Volunteer at a retirement home
3.  Learn to play the guitar
4.  Explore the city and look for opportunities to practice random acts of kindness 

The list is rather short to begin with, but this is a start.  I am sure I will think of more ideas as time goes on.  I don't want to make the list too long as I only have three months of unemployment pay.  Hopefully by September I will have a new job.  Until then, I have about three months to make a difference in some people's lives. 

If you had three months to accomplish a few things....what would YOU do?  I'm curious to hear your comments.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe