Nuts in Nederland

The other side of crazy

2.4.15

One Year Later

Posted by Brigitte van Pelt |

After visiting with my family doctor, sending him e-mails with the research of how effective Wellbutrin has been with augmenting the use of Prozac, I never heard back from him.  I let too much time go by, grew frustrated and finally contacted my psychiatrist to discuss adding Wellbutrin to my medication.

Long story short, I've been on 300 mg of Welbutrin since this past summer.  We started out with 150 mg, but I still felt sleepy and so far this dosage along with 20 mg. of Prozac seems to be the right combination. One of the side effects of the Wellbutrin is that is suppresses your appetite.  Since I've been taking this, I lost 15 lbs.  No complaining there.  I needed to lose the weight!

There are times that I am so busy with work, kids and things around the house that I realize if I weren't medicated that I would be overwhelmed with anxiety.  Thank God medication alleviates that emotion.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe