Nuts in Nederland

The other side of crazy

Posted by Brigitte van Pelt |

The first two weeks of the New Year have past and I am finally feeling as if I am caught up on my life enough to sit down and type out all my feelings.

Both kids are in school now, I'm working until 3 pm four days a week and we no longer have a nanny. For as much adjusting as Max has had to do being in school full-time, I am also finding a new rhythm in our nanny-free life. I miss having someone to fall back on, someone who could do the grocery shopping while I was at work, someone who did the ironing and cleaned up the kitchen in the morning when I rushed out the door. That was a luxurious life. One that we all benefited from for the past two years. But I always knew it was only temporary.

J and I have divided up the chores and assigned them in a special "Household Chores" agenda in our Google Calendars. Together, we have individual calendars for the kid's activities, our own personal agendas, our work appointments, and a family calendar. By digitalizing our agendas and syncing them with our phones, we are able to access our appointments anytime, anywhere. It's an efficient way to stay organized and we are always able to keep up with each other's appointments.

We have weekly family meetings where we discuss the upcoming week's agenda, our financial status, and any things that need to be accomplishment. As business-like as it sounds, it's really the only way to run a family. Like a business.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe